Dobby Remembrance Day

Taking a moment off the political and personal soapbox for some fun.

Today, March 1, is Dobby Remembrance Day. Yes, it's a Celebration of Life for the House Elf from Harry Potter. So I took all my Harry Potter books to work, a LEGO recreation of the moment Dobby is freed from Luicious Malfoy's harsh employ and some finger foods to work today.

I laid out the food in my cubicle, hand delivered some invitations to my co-workers, threw some frozen meatballs in the break room kitchen and watched the fun unfold. People came and ate and we watched a couple of Dobby tribute videos on You Tube. Some people had no idea who or what a Dobby was, but thankfully, there were a few Potter fans on hand who got the idea. Whether you "knew" Dobby or not, a good time was had by all.










***

Comments

Popular Posts