You're Welcome George Stephanopolous


George Stephanopolous is replacing Christiane Amanpour on ABC's This Week.I swear, someone at ABC is reading DebLite.

Insane I know, but dig this:

It was only yesterday, nearly 24 hours ago to this minute, that I wrote a post that was born out of my reluctant pity for George Stephanopolous. I'm not a fan, but it was hard to watch a man who used to be a White House Press Secretary shilling tripe on ABC's Good Morning America like "Do Celebrity Men Have a Type".

It was degrading, disheartening and to me, a sign of the media times. If they can take this august personage and make them dance like a monkey on a string, then how bad are things really in this country? If the morning "news" isn't news and even the likes of George Stephanopolous are reduced to "Do Celebrity Men Have a Type" type garbage then our media is so beyond redemption that yesterday, I'd lost all hope.

Again, someone must be reading DebLite or someone else, just like I did, saw that glimmer of pain in George's eyes. Has this been coming for a while, or did someone finally decide they'd made George dance on the end of the stick long enough?

My mother's comments: "You can tell he hasn't been happy for a while. And [GMA] used to sneak some news in now and then but it's really just become a dog and pony show. He deserves better."

I emailed yesterday's article to a couple of people, who I know, in their turn, may have forwarded it to some other people. I can't help but wonder if this minor bit of moving isn't my Pelican Brief moment minus getting hunted down by the FBI. If I'm right, this one should come with a thank you basket. Yes, I know, delusions of grandeur . . . but it is a hell of a coincidence that this should come the day after I wrote that post and emailed it to some folks that I know could pass it on.

You're welcome Mr. Stephanopolous. I'm not much for caviar, but an exotic fruit basket would do nicely.


***
Related Articles

Morning News, Morning Skunkcabbage
DebLite

The Truth About Matt Lauer's 'Today' Show Problem Is Internal Revolt
The Atlantic Wire

The Real 'Today' Show Is Run by the Unpopular Bully Matt Lauer
Yahoo

Comments

Popular Posts