I looked in my spam email today and it's filled with headlines like:

Mitt Romney May Have Just Lost the Elections
and
Andy Griffith's Epic Heart Disease Battle

Until recently, I thought two chains meant exactly that.

*sigh*

Time to get back into the swing of things.

It takes a concerted effort on my part, not to blog all racism all the time. Believe me, white people definitely give me enough cannon fodder, every single day.

It's 2013 and I can't even go to Kroger near where I work without some white person looking at me like I'm a dangerous animal they can't believe isn't locked up and is allowed to roam free. The thing that pisses me off the most is how white people convince themselves that they hide these reactions pretty well. I don't let it bother me every day, but after months of this, it's pretty annoying and I'm lucky that annoying is the worst of it. I know the day is coming when someone is going to "Say Something" and I'm going to have to decide now, how I'm going to react to it. LOL. I'm gonna keep going back to Kroger so they're just gonna have to get used to me. Bless their hearts. The racist jerks.

So just know, that even if I'm not blogging about racism, it not only still exists, it effects and shapes my day, my life, my world and it definitely "colors" my view of white people in ways that would shock and surprise white people. Funny how no matter how many "other folks" write about racism and the wealth of material out there, white people are always shocked and surprised by the fact that "other people" are observing them being racists.

Yes, racists. Not merely bigoted or discriminatory or rude or ignorant. Outright racists. I just don't have the  patience for sugar-coating a shit sandwich for white people anymore.

I think I've started off this year just a tad bit bitter, but if you were eating a shit sandwich every day, I'm pretty sure it would leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I'm not bitter. Just wiser.

Comments

Popular Posts