Finished

Minor Spoilers, No Real Details, Just My Reaction
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!


After I bought the book on the 21st, it was a day before I could even open it. I read the first half of the chapter titles and the two poems in the beginning and then, that was it. I couldn't bring myself to turn the first page and I got too emotional every time I tried.

At around 2:00 am last night, I finally got brave and opened the book. I read all the way up to Chapter 24 and went to bed. I woke up around 10:00 am, got some breakfast and read straight through until 10 minutes ago when I just finished the book.

I wrote down some of my stronger reactions as I was reading, my first being-

Fuckety, fuck, fuck, fuck: I hate Polyjuice Potion.

Next: Dumbledore did not invite confidences.

Next: Harry should trust Dumbledore more. Dumbledore loved him.

Next: On a fucking Dragon! Wow. Just wow.

Next: O.G. Granny Longbottom, holding it down!

Next: Finally. we get to go into the Ravenclaw Common Room. I like the Ravenclaw Common Room. (I consider myself a Ravenclaw and I have an Outstanding on the W.O.M.B.A.T. to prove it.)

Next: J.K. Rowling, you are an absolute bitch. I can forgive all the rest but I can never forgive you for...

Next: Bitch, you even killed the fucking...what sort of sick twisted bitch does this sort of thing? All this time I thought Rowling was Dumbledore but now I know the truth...She IS fucking Voldemort.

And finally: J.K. Rowling, I'm sorry for calling you a bitch and for thinking that you're Voldemort (although I'm partly right because he belongs to you just as much as Harry and Ron and Hermione and Dumbledore although we fans don't like to think about that much, now do we?).

But anyway, I love this book and even though I'm very shaken and angry and sad and full of a whole bunch of emotions it's going to take me simply ages to sort out.

And since that's whole point and you do that with just your own brain, a pen and a lot of love, the gods will shudder whenever you choose to pick up a pen again: You can write your arse off and I can give you no higher praise than that.

Comments

Popular Posts