To be continued...

It was nearly 1995 before I let go of the 1980's. I had trouble with the 90's aesthetic and attitudes. My role in a new decade as an adult and mother. But when I did finally embrace the 90's it was wholeheartedly.

But embracing any era too closely is a set up for heartbreak. The only thing certain in this world is change and the only choice is to change with the times or stagnate in an era that no longer exists.

My life has changed so differently since I started this blog. I began as the mother of a budding teenager who has now graduated from college and has embarked on her career in another city, another state.

I've finally chosen a career path - something that I may have been a little late in doing, but not, as you would expect, and as my daughter once asked me, hat motherhood delayed my career choice. The truth is, when I had my daughter, I had no idea what I really wanted to do. I had an idea what a job I would like would look like, but I honestly had no idea what that job would be.

Ye Olde Matey and I went splitsville a few years back. We still talk almost every couple of weeks, but sometimes it's odd to think we spent 15 years of our lives together. It was another era, another life that just doesn't exist anymore.

As for DebLite, every year I decide if I'm going to keep writing or end the whole thing. Well last month, two of my friends went to prison and the upshot of it is, I'm keeping their two-year-old. And since the state has pretty much decided that even if I don't keep him, they won't be giving him back to either of his parents, I guess that means he's mine until graduates from college or runs away from home, whichever comes first.

It's starting over with a vengeance. I think the last few months of silence have been a brief pause- just a moment to give me a chance to embrace this new era of my life and chart my course. But I know now, with a clarity that I never had before what I want to do. I just hope I can accomplish what I set out to achieve.

  • Taking a few more classes in business and marketing
  • Improving my diet and eating less junk
  • Starting my own business in two years
  • Raising this kid and keeping him alive - mainly getting him potty trained would be nice at the moment
  • And lastly, planning for what happens when I stop working. Hopefully, I'll get that far.
  • Building a community project - I want to do something that gives back
  • I'd like to write a book

If I do all that before the close of the day, I won't ask for much else.

Comments

Popular Posts