State of the Blog Address

As of my last post, I was scrambling to get my life back in order. Or so I thought. Because of the crazy situation that my landlords put us through, I'm back to Living With My Mother.

*sigh* Now any thirty-something living with their parents has to feel a little lame regardless of the circumstances. I will admit that my circumstances are a little extraordinary but that still does not change the fact that I am 34 years old with my man, my teenager, and two dogs and we live with my mom.

It's working out a lot better than I thought. And I've found that when you have a roof over your head, food on the table and family that loves you, your life is never really as out of order as you think it is.

Besides you can only be sad, hurt and angry so long before you realize that life and time are going to keep moving whether you participate or not. What seemed to be major problems just a few weeks ago are slowly sorting themselves out.

We are going to break down and put our boxed stuff in storage, the garage just wasn't big enough. Besides we need the garage for the dogs, because it's heated and winter is here.

We found a nice man who is willing to store the furniture until we can sell it, or he will try to sell it for us at a public auction he holds every year in February.

So, with the realities of getting out of the old house being met, the home situation working out, and even my job not being stressful, I have time to get back online every now and again and see what's going on in the world.

I originally started this blog to post what I think about the major news and political stories of the day, but most of my experience writing is short stories and fiction. Now when you write short stories and fiction, you have to be observant, you have to do reasearch, confirm your facts and then find a way to convey your message to your readers in a clear, concise way.

I don't want my blog to be a work of fiction but I think those same skills will come in handy for what I intend; a blog with my own opinions about current events. However this blog, is turning out to be highly personal. It's so tempting to write everything. All you have to do is sit and type and let the words flow and my fingers tapping the keys are a comfort. But I want the political section to be a tad more organized.

So, I'm going to let this blog, Deb Lite, be my personal blog. And I'm going to start another blog for my political thoughts and views. Each day's post will feature
one bit of Local News (for me that's the Greater Cincinnati Area), State News (Ohio) and National News (with major global stuff thrown in for a relish, but I think the task I've set for myself is daunting enough.) I guess I'll call it LSN - One Woman's View of America.

Comments

Popular Posts