Behold: The Power of Cheese!

Super Bowl at Reliant Stadium in Houston. (AP Photo)
Green Bay Packers Win the Super Bowl XLV!

I was rooting for Green Bay. Not so much because I like Green Bay although I have nothing a'gin 'em - but because I am a a bit of a Seahawks fan and ever since Rothlissberger was awarded that non-touchdown back during Superbowl XL, I made a promise to always root for whoever the Steelers were playing against.

And I've kept that promise, last night was no exception.

Bottom line: Greenbay's defense shut Pittsburgh down, gamely letting the Steelers having the ball first and making sure they were 3 and out. That definitely set the tone for the rest of the night. The Packers housed the Steelers with an early lead, one touchdown garnered on a very exciting interception. I took a brief nap at the end of the 2nd quarter and my fam woke me for half-time as instructed and the score was Packers 21, Steelers 10.

The Black Eyed Peas ripped it with a futuristic looking show. Flashing lights all over their own costumes. Fergie looking decidedly Fergalicious- Will I. Am showing how bad, bad, superbad he truly is. Apl.de.ap and Taboo each got a chance to flow on the mic for a sec and then turned the show back over to Fergie and Will with a couple of spots punctuated by Slash and Usher. It was awesome: dancers with square lighted boxes on their heads, dancing their hearts out. And speaking of hearts, dancers in costumes where the lights changed colors and formed first arrows and then red hearts that danced and swayed to"Where Is the Love?" It was a Half-Time show made for 2011. Incredible.

Back to the game. Announcers biased for Pittsburgh. Their entire frame of reference was as to how Pittsburgh was doing and they were obviously aching for the comeback that never came. At one point a Pittsburgh player committed a foul and the announcers were saying how it was OK, Pittsburgh was glad to have him anyway. A Greenbay player made an error and they were saying how frustrated the quarterback must be with him. Too bad for the announcers: Greenbay decided to write their own narrative last night.

The Packers got ahead, stayed ahead and never let the Steelers get in the lead. The Steelers closed the gap to 3 points after a touchdown and two-point conversion. However, I always think that sometimes, it boils down to who wants it more, and Green Bay set foot on that field last night to win. That's exactly what they did.

During the game, we dined on a meagre repast of ribs, fried chicken, macaroni salad, potato salad, corn pudding, mushrooms peas & rice, green beans and lemon cake and ice cream. I'm also going to give a shoutout to Husman's for their No Salt Chips, Honey Barbecue chips and to Tostitos for their Spinach Dip (to which I am sadly addicted) and their convenient Scoops which are awesome, even in whole grain which is all I could find because I shopped late.

It was an excellent game and I fell asleep almost immediately after it was over, happy in the knowledge that my rooting from home for Green Bay had helped the win.


Picure Link goes to Green Bay Press Gazette

Comments

Popular Posts