Put Up or Shut Up - Voter Rights Edition

Damn, so on da Buzz today, they were talking about people, namely Tea Party types, signing up to be poll observers for the express purpose of challenging black voters on election day.

I suggested that the host, Lincoln Ware, who is politically minded, should start a "Who Watches the Watchers Program" to keep an eye on these types of shenanigans. And he said, 'Why I gotta do it, why can't you do it?" And I'm like, "Nobody knows who Deborah is, who's gonna listen to me." I mean seriously, I have a blog, but like five people read it.

Anyway, I said I'd try, so...

Does anybody want to sign up to be a poll observer? If I can get 25 people to sign up, we'll start a group to become poll observers and make sure black voters or any voters are not subject to intimidation and discrimination or harassment.

I'll get the information on how to become poll observers and where we should deploy our volunteers. We will also need an action plan on how to respond if we do witness intimidation.

Geesh. Anyhow, it's time for me to put up or shut up. I have to at least try.

I'd also like to to thank those who send readers my way:

CityKin
TheSkeptikOne
Abagond
A Black Girl's Guide to Weight Loss
Visual Lingual
Stuff White People Do
Awake Black Woman
 

Comments

Popular Posts